Flag Day Knitter

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Today is Flag Day!


Yep Flag Day is June 14th. Wikipedia defines it as "a day to fly the flag of the nation" but in this house it means it's my birthday! That's right the big 4-4. This wild woman has plans. (nothing like the Harlot's) I have lunch with mom, a trip to The Dollar Tree (no not for my present!) and maybe mom will let me go to Goodwill.
Huh mom? Can I?

Flag Day falls on June 14th every year. I have all sorts of flag stuff that I have collected or have been gifted throughout my life. When I was a little girl I asked my mom why all the flags were out and she told me it was for my birthday. I was such a beautiful child that everyone put out their flags for me. I thought this was great! Especially when July 4th came around and I was looking for more presents. :-) Enjoy your day, and fly your flag proud.

5 Comments:

  • Happy Birthday, flag girl!! Have a wonderful day.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:31 AM  

  • Oh My Gosh - Sheryl - it's my birthday too!!!! Stephanie, You and Me - Birthday Buddies!! I'm older than you are.....
    Happy Day to us all!!
    (It was my mom's birthday too, and her mom's - Imagine that!)

    By Blogger JulieLoves2Knit, at 10:50 AM  

  • Sheryl! Happy Birthday, I hope your day is wonderful!

    By Blogger Jenn, at 11:24 AM  

  • Happy b'day!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:09 PM  

  • Thanks, it was a GREAT day!

    By Blogger Sheryl, at 10:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home