Flag Day Knitter

Sunday, June 18, 2006

Hi there KSKS buddy

The Knit Sock Kit Swap Questionnaire:
What are your favorite colors? Hmm, I would say jewel tones. Maroons, deep blues, forest greens, murky browns.
Are you a new sock knitter? How long have you been knitting socks? I have been knitting socks for less than 1 year - I have completed 6 pair.
Do you prefer solid or multicolored yarn? I switch off - but I am ready for some solid colors.
What fibers do you prefer in sock yarn? Anything but cotton (yuk)
Where do you usually knit socks? At home mostly, I have taken them to visit the mom and SIL. I am going on a road trip the weekend of the 24th and the sock will be coming along.
How do you usually carry/store small projects? I have a group of baskets that hold my current "on the needles." When we travel the sock goes into a ziploc bag.
What are your favorite sock knitting patterns? I have made straight St st, ribbed and lace. I would like to do a cable sock.
What are your favorite sock knitting techniques? I am a top-down sock knitter without toe-up mojo. I tried it once, and I didn't like the short row heel. I should give it a go again just because it makes so much sense when using partial skeins.
What new techniques would you like to try? I have bought the 40" circ to try the Magic Loop method. I just haven't worked up the courage yet.
Do you prefer circulars or dpns for sock knitting? I like both. I have been working the dpns lately and my next sock will be on 2 circs.
What are some of your favorite yarns? I have used Trekking XXL, Regia, handspun (my SIL's) and Rowan Cashsoft.
What yarn do you totally covet? I have heard so much about Koigu, Socks That Rock and Barefoot by Mountain Colors.
Any pattern you would love to make if money and time were no object? sorry nothing comes to mind - I'm easy to please.
Favorite kind of needles (brand, materials, straights or circs, etc)? Ah the Addi Turbos for my circs and Crystal Palace 6" bamboo for the dpns.
If you were a specific kind of yarn, which brand and kind of yarn would you be? I am 100% wool. I may not have much give, and I can be scratchy at times, I wear well and stick around.
Do you have a favorite candy or mail-able snack? Nestle's Crunch or Rolo - yum.
What’s your favorite animal? dogs, all dogs, all breeds. I am a dog person.
Do you have pets? What are their species/names/ages? uh yep - a dog. She is a 3 yr old Louisiana Catahoula Leopard Dog. true, it is a breed http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/catahoula.htm
If you were a color what color would you be? a murky forest green.
Describe your favorite shirt (yours or someone else’s).. currently it is a green v-neck long sleeve fitted microfiber T.
What is your most inspiring image, flower, or object in nature? This made me think. I decided on tree bark. It can be smooth, craggy or even peeling.
Tell me the best quote you’ve ever heard or read. This one I remember from H.S.
"Cowards die many times before their deaths, the valiant never taste of death but once" -- Julius Caesar
Do you have a wishlist? nope - it changes daily.

1 Comments:

  • Wow! That is a gorgeous dog! Thanks for posting your Q&A for the KSKS. Can't wait to start finding fun things for your kit! - your secret KSKS pal

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home