Flag Day Knitter

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

sick and tired

Years ago while in high school/college my career of choice was to be advertising. I eventually became jaded with the advertising world when the commercials began to get slick - but didn't sell the product it was trying to sell. In fact you remembered the commercial verbatim but for the life of you couldn't remember if it was for shoes or toilet paper (when if fact it was for fruit juice!) This prologue is to set up my last 2 weeks. There is some car commercial (see above - we don't know the car!!!) that has a blindfolded teenaged boy solving a Rubik's Cube. Yes the same Rubik's cube of my day (the 80's) And of course this commercial has done nothing for the car sales but has every store in a 40 mile radius sold out of Rubik's cubes. And of course my teenaged boy wants one - if only he was blindfolded for the commercial. So finally after countless trips to many different kinds of stores I went to my trusty Amazon.com. Low and behold they have Rubik's cubes, and in stock. All kinds of them.


You know I had to have the Bears one!
They should be here by the weekend. :o)

1 Comments:

  • Now I'm annoyed that I can't remember what that commercial is advertising. I would have never guessed that it was a car commercial.

    By Blogger Jenn, at 8:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home