Flag Day Knitter

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

a new hat


Yep, I started another project. This is Brooklyn Tweed's Red Light Special Hat. I am using stash yarn - gotta love that!
Knit Picks Palette in Petal, Peach and Sunlight (held double) and Telemark in cream.
Very girlie. I am not convinced about the Sunlight, it might not be enough of a contrast to the cream. We shall see.


I even swatched. I am using a US 4 circ this time. Let's hope it is big enough.
I am not much further along than these pics show. But I plan on some knitting time tonight. No valentine for me, but I have chocolate and yarn. It's all good.
Enjoy :-)

3 Comments:

  • I love the colors of your new hat! I actually don't think the gauge was too far off on your Pirate hat. I think the bind off was too tight. I had the same thing just happen to me with the sweater I jsut finished for Riley. I couldn't fit it over his head...so after looking online for stretchy bind offs I used the sewn bind off from Elizabeth Zimmerman (good pics and info here at knitty http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEsummer06/FEATsum06TT.html ) I redid the neck and it totally fit...so I hope you don't mind...but I did undo the bound off edge on the pirate hat and rebound off using that method. Super stretchy and the hat now even fits my head. So..I don't think it was too far off...I think it was just that inner edge. I hope this helps!!!

    By Blogger Stephanie, at 11:37 PM  

  • Stephanie, thanks so much for the great tip & link. I will definitely try it on this one.

    By Blogger Sheryl, at 6:21 PM  

  • I made some soap last night! Once it hardens up enough I'll be sending you some for the hat!!! It's a blend of lavender, orange and a touch of patchouli. I know that sounds weird...but it really does smell good :o) I'll let you know when they are hard enough to send in the mail!!! Thanks again!

    By Blogger Stephanie, at 7:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home