Flag Day Knitter

Monday, February 12, 2007

old fur


becomes new pillows.
That's right I cut up fur coats this weekend and made fur pillows. Now before anyone comments that fur is bad let me just say these coats were made 20+ years ago with fur from animals that lived great long lives and died peacefully in there sleep. Well, that's what I tell myself. It was a shame that the coats were just hanging in the closet, out of style and out of fashion. So I cut them up and sewed up pillows.

I have been knitting on my Jaywalker socks, just at the first heel turn. Very pretty in the Koigu. But I feel a case of startitis coming on ..... a colorwork hat maybe.

:-)

1 Comments:

  • Ah. I think my next sock project is going to be the Jaywalkers as well. I have some Trekking that is begging to be made...I get that startitis feeling all the time :o) I have promised myself that I won't start another thing until I get the second sock made from the pair I started back in JULY! I love the idea of the fur pillows. They are very in right now...and really....that fur was dead and gone long ago...I think it's a much better use for it anyway :o) (yeah yeah...animal cruetly and all that...but dang...it's so soft!!!! :o)

    By Blogger Stephanie, at 2:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home