Flag Day Knitter

Monday, December 18, 2006

8 Dead, Thousands Still Without Power Following Storm


These past few days have been interesting. You may have seen something on the news, or may not, but the PNW suffered a terrible wind storm late Thursday evening that caused most of Western WA to be without power - some still in the dark. It was a harrowing adventure to get home with accidents, debris and trees in the road. I was very happy to get to my home even knowing we were out of power. After a long dark and cold night we moved to the bro's ranch (where he has always said "if anything happens, just get to the ranch") Well I got to the ranch and all was better. All family members safe and warm. He had 2 generators running 3 freezers, 2 fridges, 2 computers, 1 large screen TV and a partridge in a pear tree. But seriously my home was without power for 55 hours and I would have been lost without my brother. We were warm, clean, well fed and had great fun playing board games and watching movies. I even knit a bit. (but I left my knit bag there.. :-( but I always have more than one project going at a time)
Thank goodness for family!

click here to learn more

1 Comments:

  • Ooh, I wondered how you were making out, glad to know that you weren't sitting miserably in the dark!

    By Blogger Jenn, at 6:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home