Flag Day Knitter

Monday, November 27, 2006

snowy day


If you are watching MNF you are witnessing the phenomenon known as snow in Seattle.
Originally from Chicagoland I laugh at this snow (actually I smile) until I realize that my neck of the woods (and indeed there are woods, winding roads through woods - dark ominous woods) there are people/towns that aren't prepared for driving in snow....which makes for a 2 hour commute to work. Ahem. not laughing.


But at home I have my Christmas tree up, my fireplace on (gas) and I knit,knit,knit. This is the beginning of The Prismo Hat from my calendar. Made with the suggested yarn Dalegarn Stork. (nice yarn - even if it is cotton) And I learned something new. It was the tubular cast-on (uh-oh 80's flashback "tubular, man") using this tutorial. Brilliant tutorial. It is a bit of work, but it makes a kick-butt edge :-)

1 Comments:

  • You know what's funny? At first, when I saw the snow, I thought they were in Green Bay. Seattle has had more snow so far than we have! Very strange.

    By Blogger Jenn, at 6:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home