Flag Day Knitter

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Olympic Re-Knitting



On the left are my Olympic Knitting Embossed Leaves socks. I finished them with a Gold Medal. I enjoyed the knitting of them and the Rowan Cashsoft is to die for. Unfortunately they were too big. I was too intimidated to modify the pattern. I mean, what makes me think I know more/better than the designer? Now I realize I DO know better, I know my feet better. DER. So I frogged them and I am re-knitting them so I will wear them. I have a plan! I still love the pattern and the yarn. They should go much faster this time around. I am still plugging along on the Arches & Columns (A&C) scarf. I am 18/55 complete. The pattern says to knit until piece measures 55". Will I lose a lot of length in blocking? I have no experience blocking lace. Off to the Social Security office - I lost my card in the move. Sounds like fun :-(

1 Comments:

  • Blocking lace usually makes it grow, but I haven't made this pattern yet so don't hold me to it. ;)

    By Blogger Jenn, at 8:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home