Flag Day Knitter

Monday, May 15, 2006

Mother's Day

I hope you all enjoyed your mother's day. I was lucky enough to spend the day sitting and knitting with my mom out in the backyard sunshine. Beautiful. I was gifted a copy of Knitting Rules by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee by my son. This came as a complete surprise because in gift-giving times of the past he asks me "what do you want for ______? But I am NOT buying any knitting stuff/yarn/books!" I love the book and have only read a few chapters - I am savoring it. I made my mom a new knitted doll. I gave her one for Christmas and she immediately asked for more. It was like giving birth, I needed to forget the pain of creating the first doll before making another one. Thankfully the experience improved with version 2.0. These are made from the Best Friends Dolls pattern from Interweave Knits Summer 2002.
****no pictures due to blogger problems, argh!****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home