Flag Day Knitter

Friday, May 12, 2006

Purple Haze


I am knitting a scarf. A scarf for a Christmas gift. This is Arches & Columns Lace Scarf from my Knitting pattern-a-day Calendar. I am using the suggested Crystal Palace Yarns Kid Merino. I have chosen color # 4682 as this is for my friend Amy (no worries - she doesn't know about the blog) in IL and her fav color is purple. It is my first foray into lace knitting. I swatched before buying the yarn and liked the pattern. (and got the pattern) But for the life of me I now can't knit the 4 row repeat to save my life. I have tinked back, in mohair/merino, about as much as I've knit. I need to be at a table, alone in the house, with the TV off to knit this simple chart. Not what you would call relaxing. It is a lovely pattern, and the yarn is very soft on the hands. I have only 4 out of 55 inches complete. Good thing I started early huh?

1 Comments:

  • Tinking mohair! You are a very, very brave woman. I can't read a chart to save my life, would it help you if you wrote out the chart by hand? Something about all those little symbols throws me off.

    By Blogger Jenn, at 10:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home