Flag Day Knitter

Friday, May 26, 2006

1 Year


Has it been a year already? I moved to WA state May 26, 2005. Yes it has been a year. I very good year. I needed a good year. 2004 was not a good year. It was filled with personal tragedy; the death of a father, the death of a marriage, the death of an ex-husband. In Dec 2004 I decided to move to WA and purchased a new construction home. I went back to IL and spent the next 5 months telling my job, my friends and my neighbors of my plans. I also had to sell my home (actually twice - bad story) and pack it up and ship everything I owned cross-country. I needed a break, actually I called it a breakaway. It was not a decision made lightly or quickly. And it was not made alone. I made sure my son was OK with it. It was going to be a big change for both of us. But as I look at the past year, the smiles on my son's face, the friends he has calling and stopping by, the good grades in a new school, I know it was a good decision. The picture at the top? Well that is Dot. She is 1 year old today. She was born as I was pulling into my brother's Ranch last year. Talk about a sign! A new life, new possibilities. It has been a good year.

3 Comments:

  • Hooray for good years! Sometimes you just need a change of scenery.

    By Blogger Jenn, at 8:53 AM  

  • Happy one year and a happy good one year at that!! I love the new life, new possibilities sign. Yes, I believe in signs like that!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:18 PM  

  • Dot is beautiful - such a healthy and happy sign of your new life!

    By Blogger pacalaga, at 9:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home