Flag Day Knitter

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

if the toe fits......wear it!


Finished, the Child's First Sock. Uh-not. So these were started from this book that I had out from the library. I wasn't keen on the pattern so I decided to stop the pattern at the heel flap. I returned the book and went to my own resources.



Here in lies the rub. The sock was a 64 stitch sock, so I went to the toe instructions in my book and knit on. All would be well if I hadn't missed this one line of pattern instructions......you know the one that reads.
Rep rnd 1 only until XX stitches remain. Opps - missed that one on sock #1, so I had to repeat this "design feature" for sock #2. And voila - pointy toes.



But hey they fit, so all is good.

1 Comments:

  • Oh, I so love these socks - and the pointy toes are just perfect! Fantastic work!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home