Flag Day Knitter

Thursday, August 24, 2006

My baby



16 years ago at 6:56 p.m, 4 minutes before kickoff of a Thursday night Chicago Bears game, my angel was born. My baby is 16 today. Yikes that went fast. He has always been and still is my best bud. He makes me laugh each and every day. Even during those dark sad times we shared we always had a laugh. It was what got us through I think. Being an only child he was always a bit more grown-up for his age. He now stands on the brink of manhood. This next year will be a big one for him, me too I guess. For I will need to start that painful process of letting go. You want to talk about apron strings? They are clutched tightly in my white knuckled hands. This year he will get his drivers permit, a license, take the car out on his own, maybe have his first love, or even his first heartbreak. (let me at her!) There is talk of colleges and choices for a major of study. It all sounds so grown-up. I am very proud of my man-in-training and love him very much.
Happy birthday baby.

3 Comments:

  • Good job mom.......I am proud of you....Happy 16th "BIRTHING" day.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:44 AM  

  • Oh he's so handsome!!! My baby - the youngest of 3 daughters - turned 16 last November!

    Congratulations on your BIRTHING day! (I've never seen anyone else sending Birthing Day greetings! Is that YOUR mom?)

    Have a great weekend!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:26 PM  

  • Happy birthday!! I also like the birthing day greeting.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home