Flag Day Knitter

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

SP9 Questionnaire

I joined another swap - my first Secret Pal. Here goes.

The Questionnaire
1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
answer: I like natural fibers. I am big on wool, wool cotton, silk, alpaca...... As for brand names, I like Rowan, Koigu, Lang. I do not like "novelty" yarns, fluffy, sparkly, eyelash....

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
answer: my new refurbished antique cabinet. (pics to come)

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
answer: A long time, years. I don't remember how I learned, but I was about 10 yrs old. I think I am an adventurous intermediate.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
answer: Why yes, I do. my wish list

5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products, etc.)
answer: Hmm, citrus fruits, or spices - no flowers.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
answer: Only certain times of the month. But I do like salty/sweet combo like Flips - those white chocolate covered pretzels. YUM

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
answer: I was a BIG cross-stitcher for years, I can crochet, and I sew. I have tried my SIL's spinning wheel. I am not good at it. I have a handmade CD spindle, a book and roving but I haven't really sat down to try it.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
answer: I am a 40+ something who loves Pop music. Love.It. (we used to call it top 40) I have an iPod and I have a place to play CDs.

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
answer: Jewel tones. I like burgundy, deep blues, ANY greens, rust, gold, I guess you could say "fall like." I am not a girlie-girl so no pinks/purples/pastels.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
answer: I am an only parent to a 16 yr old boy. We have a 5 yr old Louisiana Catahoula Leopard Dog - Chloe, she is my big baby.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
answer: You know, I don't. Not any more. I used to when I lived in the Chicago area, but not so much here in WA.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
answer: SOCKS!

13. What are you knitting right now?
answer: Socks, a Booga bag, a scarf in Seahawks colors (for wearing while watching the games)

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
answer: Of course!

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
answer: I have both, and use according to project. I have never used a plastic needle. I am an Addi-Turbo lover. I have 2 US2s, a US4, a US6 and a US7. And I like Crystal Palace for bamboo.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
answer: I have a yarn winder - everyone should have one of these! - and I use my mom for my swift.

17. How old is your oldest UFO?
answer: Just my currents, so about 1 week. I am monogamous to projects and either "finish or frog" In fact I just finished 1 pomatomus and after 1 day of realizing that I didn't like the feel of it on and it would take forever to knit sock #2.......I frogged it.

18. What is your favorite holiday?
answer: Besides Flag Day (hint hint) I like Christmas best.

19. Is there anything that you collect?
answer: Not anymore. I have been overrun by a collection and pared way down.

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on?
answer: I have been waiting for the new Vogue on the go: Pets book to come out (Nov) I think it looks cute - I don't have a little pet and don't know if I would make anything from it - I think I just want to see pups in sweaters ;- )
What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
answer: I have a sub to Interweave Knits. I used to have Knitter's (not my kind of mag) and I will occasionally buy a Vogue Knitting.

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
answer: I wonder if I would like the Magic Loop method for socks. I use Dpn's or 2 circs.

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
answer: Yep, shoe size US 7.5,
9.25" heel to toe
9" circ of foot (at widest part)
8" circ of ankle
9" circ of leg (5" up from heel)

23. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)
answer: 06/14 (that's Flag Day!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home