Flag Day Knitter

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

blogger bites

good post mentioned earlier.
Good morning, get your coffee, tea, or in my case a pop and sit back for a story. It all began Friday in the library when I found Knitting Vintage Socks, Nancy Bush on the new shelf. I snagged it and went to check it out. Mom takes the book out of the librarian's hands and says "ohh, where did you find this? I have to look at this. I may change my sock that you are making for me" Well not if you don't let me check it out. Mom picked out a pattern and she already had the yarn so I began.

X = picture of a started Fancy Silk Sock should be here

Well she didn't like it. So I frogged that.

X = picture of frogged sock should be here

she picks a different pattern and I start again.

X = picture of a started Child's First Sock should be here

Uh, she didn't like that either. Soooooo, we try a different yarn and she picks yet again a different pattern and I start AGAIN. This time from my Sensational Knitted Socks book. But it is toe up. Have I mentioned my dislike for a toe up sock? Well not so much the toe - but the heel. But it's for mom.....

X = picture of started toe up sock should be here

And it's not that she can't make her own damn socks, she is on pair #5.

X = picture of mom's knitting socks in progress should be here.

I am sure this drama will continue, you see she hasn't yet approved of the toe up version. All is not lost because the second version is a nice pattern and will fit my foot and I am considering continuing for myself. That is if I ever want to knit another sock after this adventure.

and if blogger ever lets me show you.....

2 Comments:

  • Ugh, Blogger has been annoying with the photo posting lately!

    By Blogger Jenn, at 12:12 PM  

  • I feel your pain Mother's can be so picky! Hang in there!

    By Blogger Shelly, at 7:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home