Flag Day Knitter

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

88 minutes

That is how long I have been on the phone with Dish Network. It was about 20 minutes on hold until I got Randy with tech support who had to transfer me to advanced tech support after I exhausted all his tricks and another 20 minutes on hold until Sue tried to help.
This tired story begins Sunday when my satellite went kaput. After eons on hold and some tips and tricks from tech support they said they would ship me a new receiver. I should get it in 3 days. erm, 3 days with no TV....with a 16 year old. Oh fun. So today it came and while I was at work The Boy set up the new receiver. Call #1 to tech support was for activation. Call #2 was to fix the fact that we only had basic channels. Call #3 and #4 were unsuccessful trying to fix remote #2. You see we have 2 TVs and 2 remotes.....but only remote #1 is working - but it is working on both TVs at the same time. So call #5 was from me and after hearing 2 tech support people say "I know what the problem is..." and then "huh" 4, count them ,4 times, they have decided to send me a new remote. I should have it in 4 days. GREAT. 4 days, over the weekend, when The Boy, my mom and myself will be here.
Did I mention that TV #1 which controls the channel selection is upstairs. So I have to go upstairs to turn it on, run downstairs to turn on TV #2, back upstairs to change the channel - repeat.

To reward you for staying to the end of the story I give you knitting. A FO even. The Baby Bolero from One Skein by Leigh Radford. Very cute, very fast, too many ends to weave in. Give me top down 1 pc any day. Me hates the finishing.

1 Comments:

  • Wow, that sounds like a lot of fun! Well, not really. Just think of all the exercise you're getting running up and down the stairs!

    By Blogger Jenn, at 4:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home