Flag Day Knitter

Sunday, August 05, 2007

the jean skirt fiasco


Tyler finally has a skirt. The jean skirt story is much longer than the skirt itself.
This skirt pattern is a piece from the same pattern set the ill-fated pants came from. It was my goal to figure out the waistband today. Thinking the skirt had less pieces and would take let time to remake (if it came to that) than the pants, I started at 3 p.m. Mom and I were a team. She read (and re-read) the directions as I sewed. (and re-sewed) I put together the skirt pieces, next was that pesky waistband. So if the last time was wrong, how about I do the opposite? Voila - a correct waistband. I moved onto the lining....only I didn't use the lining pattern pieces and that didn't work out so good. I found the lining pattern pieces and cut more fabric and re-sewed the lining. I had to re-press the seams because I had pressed them the exact opposite of the way I should. (are you seeing a trend?) I finished the skirt at 8:30 p.m.

8 pattern pieces
2 grown women
5.5 hours


I'll stick to knitting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home